"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Menu Plan Sunday

Happy Sunday, Ladies!  I haven't been blogging much lately due to the fact that I have been completely overwhelmed with things to get done.  Lots of garden work, trying to wrap up this year's homeschooling, planning out next year's homeschooling, projects projects projects around the house, Abby's birthday party next weekend, Andrew's two weeks after that, getting my high schooler's homeschool stuff organized....plus all the regular work topped off by a teething toddler!  Phew!  I was starting to feel like I was going to fall apart, and prayed about what may be causing this.  The Lord's answer was that I'm being "Martha Martha".  I tried arguing back to the Lord, explaining that all of these things that I'm doing MUST be done and that I need to do my job well, for HIM.  He reminded me that yes, I have much to get done, but I'm putting my focus on that ahead of "the better thing" that Mary chose:  my relationship with Him and my relationships with my husband and children...and just being...THESE things are priority over all the other things that must be done.  And so today I am kicking back, and leisurely working on homeschool planning and organizing, and leaving bigger projects for tomorrow.  I'm feeling refreshed already!

One more thing that the Lord showed me...I was being bogged down by STUFF.  I had a well-meaning relative give me a TON of stuff recently that I really don't need (or want).  I have it piled all over waiting to be organized.  It hit me today....throw it out!  I don't need it--it's just bogging me down.  That decision lifted a huge weight off my shoulders!  I do not do well with a lot of stuff.  It creates mess, and it's just unnecessary.  I prefer simplicity, thank you very much!

Okay, on to this week's menu!

Saturday--Burritos
Sunday--Roast Beef, mashed potatoes, corn
Monday---Chicken parmesan, baked potatoes, green beans
Tuesday--Tacos, Spanish rice
Wednesday--French dip, coleslaw
Thursday--BBQ Meatballs, roasted potatoes with garlic and parmesan, mixed veggies
Friday--Black Beans and rice, cornbread

1 comment:

  1. I have so been there! It's very hard to have a Mary heart somedays - especially when there is s much to do!

    Your menu looks great! I suddenly have a craving for cornbread!

    ReplyDelete