I am very saddened by the fact that the majority of the population today do not understand this concept. The saddest part is that this includes a lot of the church. I was led to a website the other day, that is a "christian" website. I got a postcard in the mail advertising it, and something did not sit right with me when I read it, so I went there to check it out. It is called CBE international, which stands for Christians for Biblical Equality. The whole website is dedicated to teaching that the Bible does NOT teach that the man is the head of the home, and that women do NOT have to submit to their husbands. Blech. The Bible DOES clearly teach this, and there is no way around it! I posted a couple of comments on the website refuting what they were saying, and their arguments back to me made no sense.
Anyway, my purpose of this post is not to bash that website. My purpose is to refute the lie of feminism. That's what it is...a lie straight from the enemy. A lie that has permeated the church and they don't even realize it. A lie that the enemy is continually using to destroy generations and tear down families. You see, year after year children are being born into this era of feminism, and raised up believing that it is the just the way things are done, because they don't know any better, because they weren't raised to believe differently. People don't realize that things used to be so different! God's original design for men and women was for the man to lead the home and be the provider, and the woman to keep the home and care for the children, with her first and foremost responsibility to be her husband's helpmeet. Don't believe me? Let's examine scripture...
Read Genesis 2. Take note of the following:
- God created man first. It doesn't say that He created man and woman of the dust of the ground. It says, God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. Just man. Woman has not been created yet. (verse 7)
- Then God planted the garden, and he place MAN in there to cultivate and keep it. He has given man a job. Woman is still not there yet. ( verses 8, 15)
- Then God says it is not good for the man to be alone, and that he will make him a help meet for him.
- God then forms woman out of the man's rib. Woman is created from man to be a helper to him. God already gave man a job before woman arrived, and woman is created as his helpmeet.
1) The man is the head of the woman. The word "head" in this verse comes from the greek word kephale, which means "the top, the superior". People have tried to argue that "head" in this verse means something different, but it does not. You have to go to the original greek, and here it is very clear what this word means.
2) Woman was created for man, not man for woman. We are our husband's helpers, placed in his life to help him with what he needs. He has not been placed in our lives as our helpers. Okay don't get mad! (I know some women are!) This doesn't mean that he never helps us, of course! But what it does mean is that we should be focused on what WE can do to help HIM...every day. It should constantly be at the front of our minds. Forget about how he can help you. Really! If you are in full submission to God by fulling submitting to your husband and focusing on being his helper, the Lord will bless you and you will be amazed by how well everything flows within your household!
More verses to read:
Ephesians 5:22-24: "Wives, submit to your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything."
How much clearer can the Word get? There's no getting around it! And it's still mentioned elsewhere in scripture...
Colossians 3:18- "Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. " The meaning of the word "submit" in the original greek is "to place in an orderly fashion under".
1 Peter 3: 1, 5- "Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives....For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror."
And now we're back to this verse:
Titus 2:4-5-"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."
Wait a second...did you just read that last verse? Do you realize what it said? If we are NOT doing these things...being a keeper at home and obeying our husbands...we are blaspheming the Word of God! I don't think people realize the heaviness of this verse. I think it gets skimmed over and not really studied. That is huge--we don't want to blaspheme the Word of God.
Definition of blaspheme in the dictionary:
1. to speak impiously or irreverently of (God or sacred things).
2. to speak evil of; slander; abuse.
Ouch. Think on that one for awhile. I don't want to be guilty of such a thing, do you???
Ladies, let's obey the Word of God. We need to take it seriously. God has a plan and a purpose for women and I am so excited to be a part of it! I love my job! It's an honor to be a helpmeet to my husband, to submit to him, to stay home and be a keeper (or "watchman")of my home and care for my children. There is no place better! I do it out of obedience to my Lord Jesus Christ, to whom I will have to give an account someday.
I'd like to also add on here a link to another dear lady's blog, who wrote a great post on being a keeper at home:
God bless you all as you bless your families!