"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blaspheming the Word of God???

Titus 2:4-5-"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."

I am very saddened by the fact that the majority of the population today do not understand this concept. The saddest part is that this includes a lot of the church.  I was led to a website the other day, that is a "christian" website.  I got a postcard in the mail advertising it, and something did not sit right with me when I read it, so I went there to check it out.  It is called CBE international, which stands for Christians for Biblical Equality.  The whole website is dedicated to teaching that the Bible does NOT teach that the man is the head of the home, and that women do NOT have to submit to their husbands.  Blech.  The Bible DOES clearly teach this, and there is no way around it!  I posted a couple of comments on the website refuting what they were saying, and their arguments back to me made no sense.

Anyway, my purpose of this post is not to bash that website.  My purpose is to refute the lie of feminism.  That's what it is...a lie straight from the enemy.  A lie that has permeated the church and they don't even realize it.  A lie that the enemy is continually using to destroy generations and tear down families.  You see, year after year children are being born into this era of feminism, and raised up believing that it is the just the way things are done, because they don't know any better, because they weren't raised to believe differently.  People don't realize that things used to be so different!  God's original design for men and women was for the man to lead the home and be the provider, and the woman to keep the home and care for the children, with her first and foremost responsibility to be her husband's helpmeet.  Don't believe me?  Let's examine scripture...

Read Genesis 2.  Take note of the following:
  1. God created man first.  It doesn't say that He created man and woman of the dust of the ground.  It says, God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.  Just man.  Woman has not been created yet. (verse 7) 
  2. Then God planted the garden, and he place MAN in there to cultivate and keep it.  He has given man a job.  Woman is still not there yet. ( verses 8, 15) 
  3. Then God says it is not good for the man to be alone, and that he will make him a help meet for him. 
  4. God then forms woman out of the man's rib.  Woman is created from man to be a helper to him.  God already gave man a job before woman arrived, and woman is created as his helpmeet.
Now jump over to 1 Corinthians 11:3,8,9  These verses state two important facts: 

1) The man is the head of the woman.  The word "head" in this verse comes from the greek word kephale, which means "the top, the superior".  People have tried to argue that "head" in this verse means something different, but it does not.  You have to go to the original greek, and here it is very clear what this word means. 
2) Woman was created for man, not man for woman.  We are our husband's helpers, placed in his life to help him with what he needs.  He has not been placed in our lives as our helpers.  Okay don't get mad! (I know some women are!)  This doesn't mean that he never helps us, of course!  But what it does mean is that we should be focused on what WE can do to help HIM...every day.  It should constantly be at the front of our minds.  Forget about how he can help you.  Really!  If you are in full submission to God by fulling submitting to your husband and focusing on being his helper, the Lord will bless you and you will be amazed by how well everything flows within your household!

More verses to read:

Ephesians 5:22-24: "Wives, submit to your own husbands, as unto the Lord.  For the husband is the head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.  Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything."

How much clearer can the Word get?  There's no getting around it!  And it's still mentioned elsewhere in scripture...

Colossians 3:18- "Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. "  The meaning of the word "submit" in the original greek is "to place in an orderly fashion under".

1 Peter 3: 1, 5- "Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives....For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror."

And now we're back to this verse:

Titus 2:4-5-"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."

Wait a second...did you just read that last verse?  Do you realize what it said?  If we are NOT doing these things...being a keeper at home and obeying our husbands...we are blaspheming the Word of God!  I don't think people realize the heaviness of this verse.  I think it gets skimmed over and not really studied.  That is huge--we don't want to blaspheme the Word of God. 

Definition of blaspheme in the dictionary:

1. to speak impiously or irreverently of (God or sacred things).
2. to speak evil of; slander; abuse.

Ouch.  Think on that one for awhile.  I don't want to be guilty of such a thing, do you???

Ladies, let's obey the Word of God.  We need to take it seriously.  God has a plan and a purpose for women and I am so excited to be a part of it!  I love my job!  It's an honor to be a helpmeet to my husband, to submit to him, to stay home and be a keeper (or "watchman")of my home and care for my children.  There is no place better!  I do it out of obedience to my Lord Jesus Christ, to whom I will have to give an account someday.

I'd like to also add on here a link to another dear lady's blog, who wrote a great post on being a keeper at home:

http://blessingsamany.blogspot.com/2011/04/keepers-at-home.html

God bless you all as you bless your families!

12 comments:

  1. Yes!

    I know I most certainly don't want to blaspheme the word of God by stepping out of my place and not being obedient to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you read that fast! I JUST posted it and then I was going to message you the link, and then boom--there was a comment from you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a post called the same thing a month ago: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/03/blaspheming-word-of-god.html

    It is amazing how I never realized what this verse meant before....Sure wish I had an older woman teaching me then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post April. I must say I agreed with every word you wrote...

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good post! Something that I believe needs to be talked about in the church more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes my heart rejoice to see my daughter holding God's word above the noise of trendy (worldly) thinking and simply obeying it. Your faith shines brightly and you are salt and light to this hurting world as you joyfully live out the role God has given you.
    I am encouraged!
    I love you April,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...I just happened to be on there just when it was posted! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh friend, I don't have to tell you how I agree with this as you already know! I think you put it all together beautifully! :) I also feel sadness about what the modern churches are teaching today about roles in the family. I will always believe that when we are told to take the narrow path.....it is Christians He was talking to....not the lost. There are a lot of Christians not walking the narrow path. All we can do is share and try to teach the younger women these scriptural truths. :) Love your heart and love that you shared this!--S

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree totally and wish more women did. They just don't seem to understand those verses the way God intended. It's really sad to me.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post was very well written. It is sad that so many professing Christians are falling into this trap. I think with any kind of sin, if you live contrary to what the Word of God teaches then there will eventually be repercussions. No doubt in these families that believe in such, they will also experience repercussions for their ungodly choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank-you!!! Also, LOVE Keith Green!
    Such a treat to read such encouragment and listen as well!!
    Carla <><

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting my blog April. May God bless you as you continue your love and service to Him. Lovely to 'meet' you too :)

    ReplyDelete