"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, May 30, 2011

Which Voice are You Listening To?

Sometimes I struggle with keeping my eyes on the Lord and my ears on His voice, and I find myself unintentionally listening to the voice of the enemy.  I love my job, I really do.  But sometimes the thoughts that go through my head could make one wonder!  I'll be having a perfectly fine morning, when suddenly the thoughts going through my head will sound something like this:

"Nobody cares how hard I work around here...I'm everyone's servant...everyone else in this house has their meals cooked for them and handed to them...I always eat last if I even eat at all!...I wish someone would cook me breakfast for a change"....and on and on and on...

Sometimes I won't even realize that I'm thinking these things.  I'll listen to one voice, let satan get his grimy hooks into me, and then BOOM my thoughts are on a roll, my attitudes stink, and I'm far, far away from where the Lord wants my heart to be!  Does this ever happen to you?  I'm sure I can't be the only one!

The fact of the matter is that we are all called to be servants, but even more greatly so in the calling of wife and mother!  I am called to a life of sacrifice.  To be honest, I love this calling, AS LONG AS I constantly listen to the voice of the Lord.  As long as I listen to His voice, my heart stays where it should: meek, humble, willing to lay my life down for others, as Jesus did.  Contrary to what the world says, we have no RIGHTS.  Jesus gave up all of His rights, and we are called to walk as Jesus walked.

Be very careful.  Don't listen to the voice of the enemy that is always there, trying to taunt you and pull you into an attitude of self-pity.  Listen to the voice of Jesus and walk in His steps.  When I do this, my thoughts stay more along these lines:

"I love my life.  I am so blessed to be able to serve breakfast to my husband and children.  I'm so grateful and I love serving them.  Thank you Jesus for this privilege that you gave me!"

Every thought we have is a choice.  You can choose good or you can choose evil.  You can choose fear or you can choose peace.  You can choose anger or you can choose joy.  You can listen to Jesus or you can listen to satan.

Who will you listen to today?

4 comments:

  1. "LIKE" :D LOL...I KNOW exactly what you mean! I have those same thoughts. "2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" Have to remind myself of this one ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You are certainly not the only one, friend! Love to you this morning!! :D--S

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds a lot like me from time to time. I like what you said, that every thought is a choice. I need to be reminded of this every day, sometimes every minute of every day.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, and you definitely aren't alone with this.

    I have to keep reminding myself about how lucky I am to have this special job. I really wouldn't want it any other way...

    xTania

    ReplyDelete