"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, June 4, 2012

I have a confession...


I feel compelled to write this post, knowing that many of you will not agree with me...but that's okay.  I want to be sure that I am being open and honest about the person that I am.  Awhile back, I wrote a few posts about how I was considering switching to dresses/skirts only...then shortly after I informed you all that I had made the switch.

Well, I confess....I switched back.  Yes, I admit it,  I WEAR PANTS.  And I'm fine with it.

Why, you may ask?   Well, I have found the following to be true: you can dress modestly in pants, and you can dress immodestly in a dress or skirt.  It's all in how you do it.  It turns out that I just have way too much farm girl in me, and I am just happy as a clam in my jeans and boots.  And I feel the Lord is fine with that, as long as I am still careful to be modest.

I really just wanted to share that because I had written the previous post about how I had made the switch, and I was feeling like I was being deceptive now that I had switched back and not informed anyone.  I know a lot of you that read my blog are dresses only and won't agree with me.  I highly, highly respect your decision to do that, and I think it is absolutely wonderful!  It's just not working for ME. 

Thank you for listening and understanding where I'm coming from.  God bless you!

4 comments:

  1. Hey April!

    We are dresses only, but I completely respect and understand your decision. And you are absolutely right, you can wear a dress and be immodest just as much as you can in pants. I think more than anything, what God's Word shows us is that we are to look like women and men are to look like men. We choose dresses, because that's where God has lead US. But everybody is in a different place.

    Love your boots!

    Hugs,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gone through the same thing myself. A year or so ago I wrote a little series on modesty, I learned quite a bit about myself in writing those. In the end I came up with the same exact conclusion, and I felt complete peace about my decision. I love wearing skirts, but sometimes I think that wearing jeans is a bit more practical for the work/chores I'm doing. I think it's a heart thing too, God knows what our heart's condition is, and if whether we're wearing pants or a skirt, if our hearts are on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) i think it doesnt matter. as long as we are modest and make an effort to appreciate the fact that God made us women, and we try to look feminine, i think its fine :-) i would probably wear pants more if weight and how they fit at my current weight didnt always look so immodest. (i went from a US 7 to a US 14 REALLY fast i think that would equate to about a 28-36 or something like that - not quite sure). so lets just say i gained about 50 pounds, the last 20 almost 30 of which was in a 5month period due to health issues. since then, pants just DONT want to cooperate they are tight in the places i dont want emphasized and frumpy looking in others! it's just a mess and skirts are SOOO much easier to deal with because of it all. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Presenting ourselves femininely and modestly is the key, and what God has commanded. For a couple of years, I have been skirts/dresses only. Recently, I've been wearing occasional feminine and modest capris and jeans, for various reason.

    I am still nearly all skirts/dresses, simply because they fit me best and feel and act most feminine while wearing them. However, I am not ruling out anything modest and feminine. My girls are also almost exclusively long skirts/dresses, but do own some modest jeans for things such as horseback riding, long bikerides, etc.

    God Bless, and thank you for being very "real". :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete