"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, July 30, 2012

First Garden Harvest!

Boy am I slacking on blogging lately!  I just can't seem to find the time...it's really, really hard.  I'd love to blog a LOT more, but I just can't.  But here's a little garden update...

I harvested my garlic about a week ago--yay!  It was my first time growing garlic, and there was really no way to know how it was doing there in the ground, until harvesting time.  I was happy to find that it grew very nicely!  For those of you who don't know, garlic is planted in the fall ( I planted in October).  It sets there in the ground all winter, and all spring...then is finally harvested in the summer.  Lots of fun!  Here it is:


I got 49 heads of garlic; this fall I'm going to plant double that! 

Here is my first picking of peas:
Bad pic--sorry--left is peas, right is snap peas


Also, a couple of weeks ago my mom, my daughter Abby, and I went raspberry picking and made jam!  Here is the finished product:


Well, I have a lot of posts in the making, I just need TIME to get them finished.  It WILL happen!

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment