"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Life Has Changed

Oh yes it has....drastically.

Hi everyone. I don't know what to do with this blog anymore. You see....life is strange. I have preached and preached to you all about issues that I felt strongly about. Perhaps I was judgmental. All I know is that life is continually a learning journey and the Lord is never finished with us. We are always growing and learning.

I will be honest with you and tell you what has transpired in my life this year. After all the "preaching" I have done about women being at home....well, guess what???  I had to go out and find a job. Yes, you heard me right.

Are you shocked?

Like I said, life is funny. I can see one thing a certain way, and the next thing I know God spins me around and shows me the other side of the coin. If there is one thing I've learned, it's to not make a judgment until I've walked a mile in someone else's shoes.

You see, as you know, we've had serious financial issues the past five years. Back in February, we had a little family meeting, and my hubby asked me if I would be willing to go to work so we wouldn't lose our house. I agreed, as did my children, that I would do this for our family if necessary. I believe I made the right choice by submitting to my husband in this. Then watching how God dropped a job in my lap, and how He's been with us every step of the way working out all the details with my kids...I know this is right. It's not ideal, it's not God's perfect plan for a family, but for OUR family, in THIS time...it is what we are supposed to be doing.

You might judge me for this, and that's alright. I expect that. I have been that way towards others and God is teaching me. I still believe I'm a keeper at home. I promise you my heart is still home, and it's still my priority. I work because I have to, and I work FOR MY FAMILY. I still manage what goes on in the home...I'm just not there as many hours.

My oldest son went off to Bible college out of state. (Yay! This is great for him!) My 10 year is going to school this year. My high schooler is balancing online high school and caring for my 3 yr old when I'm at work, please helping me manage the house (she's a star!). It's all good, it really is!

May God forgive me for the times I have looked down upon another woman for going to work because she had to. Only she really knows the circumstances!

Now what to do with this blog???

1 comment:

  1. Being humbled by the master is a great blessing! I see women all the time passing judgement on others....we must remember not all are called to the same station in life...glad to see you back I have thought about you often this past year...I hope you continue to blog....God Bless you friend!

    ReplyDelete