"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's Sunday...

a day of rest.  We went to church, and since then I've been leisurely hanging out in the living room working on "paperwork".  I spent some time correcting papers and working on entering 1st sememster grades into my high schooler's transcript.  Now I've been spending quite a bit of time on my menu plan and shopping list.  I normally do this on Friday, but this week I wasn't able to do my shopping until Monday morning, so I'm getting it done today.

Menu planning can be so complicated at times for various reasons. I'm working hard on trying to cut back on how much I spend each week, so I'm trying to make cheaper meals, but I also want good taste and variety. The meals need to be healthy.  We need to have lots of fresh fruits and veggies.  My husband can't have salt, my oldest daughter and I can't have gluten, and my youngest daughter is sensitive to sugar.  This presents a challenge with meal planning and money!  I also think it is prudent to keep a stocked pantry in case of hard times, so I factor that into my shopping list also.  So much to think about!

The kitchen work is going well!  We have the first coat of green paint on the walls, and hubby and I worked together yesterday putting the first coat of primer on the beams.  Ummmm...if you haven't been to my house, we live in an a-frame, and there are beams supporting the walls...and ceiling.  My hubby had the great idea to paint the beams white, and it is going to be soooo cute!  After that, the framing on the windows and doors will be painted white also.  White tile is going on the countertops and backsplash (whenever we happen to have the money for THAT, which may be never.  I am praying.  It's the only expense we have for the kitchen, as everything else we have gotten free.)  There is a square of entryway that is ugly right now and has nothing on it; that is going to be tile also.  It's leftover tile from a customer...honestly I don't know what it looks like but I don't care...welcome to remodeling when you're poor!

Here are some pictures of the work in progress.  KEEP IN MIND: this is during remodeling/painting AND mealtime, so that is why there is such a mess.  Normally I am neurotic about keeping a sparkling clean kitchen!:

The slanted wall on the right will have the green, and the beams will be white.

Facing the slanted wall that will be green...
Corner where the fridge is.

Here's my sweet baby covered with cheese, carrots, and applesauce.
Entryway where the tile will be.





Anyway, it's hard to tell from the pics, but it is going to be super cute when it's done!  I will post pictures again when it is complete, but it may be awhile.  I also will find some pictures of it before any work was done.

On another topic, Adam's accomplishments the past couple of days are: he is mostly walking as of yesterday, he got his second tooth today, and he is getting curl in his hair!  What a joy he is!

Well, I am off to finish my shopping list and partake of a cheap, healthy meal: split pea soup.  May God bless your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment