"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Letting Go of "Me"

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." Matthew 16:24

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."  Galatians 2:20

So many people are searching after "fulfillment".  "I have goals", "I have dreams", "I want to do this and that", "when is this going to happen for me?", "why isn't my life going the way I want it to?"  Wellll....newsflash...we are not on earth for ourselves!  We have died (Gal. 2:20) and we are vessels walking around this earth, filled with the Holy Spirit, here on earth to fulfill God's purposes.  There is no "I" in that.  It is "HE"!

Recently God revealed something to me that hit me over the head like a ton of bricks!    For so many years, I looked at my children as something that God had given me in order to fulfill something in MYSELF.  I kept looking at them, thinking they needed to do this and that, and act such-and-such a way, because that was my plan.  One day, the Lord spoke very clearly to me, telling me that He did not give me children so they could meet some needs of mine.  He gave me children for Him, for me to love and raise for His sake and His glory, to raise them up and train them in His ways.  He has a purpose for them!  They are HIS kids that are being entrusted into my care, and I need to be obedient in my calling.  Wow!  I have not been the same since that revelation, let me tell you.  I look at everything very differently now.  My kids are not about ME....they are about HIM.  Now I get up every day thinking, "what does God want me to teach my kids today...what is in HIS plan for my day?"  This is so freeing!  There is no longer such stress in my days.  I am totally at peace, having surrendered to Jesus, and constantly looking to Him for leading in my days.  I'm not continually searching for that elusive "fulfillment".  Because, true fulfillment lies in dying to self and surrending to Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I've had a great time poking here and there on your blog - such fun :) you have a beautiful family!

    I'm going to follow you along!

    ReplyDelete