"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Frugal Menu Plan

Well, I somehow missed Frugal Meal Friday...oh well, sorry...I will pick it back up next week.  Today, I will share my menu from now until December 6th.  Once again, due to my super tight food budget, I am finding myself with hardly any money left to last me until December 7th (when we will have more money available).  I haven't figured out everything that will be served at each meal yet, but I have the basics figured out.

Sometimes this is really hard.  Sometimes, honestly, I really struggle with my attitude. I wonder if I'm expected to be a magician or something, making this money magically stretch farther than it seems it actually can!

But you know what?  It always works out and we never starve.  I can't buy many "fun" items, but we never go hungry.  Praise the Lord my children have never had to know what that feels like!

Frugal Dinner Menu: November 19-December 6

Pinto beans and rice, cornbread
Pork steaks, potatoes, veggie
Tacos
Sausage and Zucchini Polenta bake, salad
Vegetable Beef Soup
Thanksgiving dinner at sister-in-law's
leftovers
Cheeseburgers, baked beans
Ham/broccoli quiche, roasted potatoes, sausage, coffee cake
Roasted chicken, baked potatoes, veggie
Chicken and rice soup, bread
Spaghetti, bread, salad
Bbq Beef with baked potatoes
Lentil soup and cornbread
Scrambled eggs, ham steaks, roasted potatoes
Burritos
Pork roast, potatoes, veggie
Pinto beans and rice, cornbread

We raise pigs and have a freezer full of pork, which is why we can afford to eat pork products so often!

The Lord bless your day!

3 comments:

  1. Thank's for sharing your menu with us, week after week! I always wait for your idea, because we are on a tight budget too. May I have you coffee cake recipe please? It's sound good!
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline! Glad I can be of help. My coffee cake recipe is on my other blog: http://glutenfreeapril.blogspot.com/search/label/cakes

    To make it "regular" instead of gluten free, just use all purpose flour instead of gf flour mix, omit the xanthan gum, and cut back the baking powder just a bit (1/2 or 3/4 tsp instead of 1 tsp). God bless!

    ReplyDelete