"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Menu Plan

I apologize that I haven't been posting my menu plans lately, but my method of planning has changed due to circumstances, and I don't always have a concrete 7 days of meals planned.  Because of our finances, and my need to be extremely frugal, I've been keeping a running list of cheap meals that I will use in the coming days.  Sometimes I wait to see what will be on sale next, or what I will find at the food bank, and then plan around that.  I'll sometimes decide for sure what to make a day or two ahead of the actual day, depending.  I'm not sure if this is making sense or not!  I used to plan meals, then shop for what I needed.  Now, I shop sales and have to use the food bank, or sometimes someone blesses us with food, then I see what I have and plan from that.  Anyway, I sketched out a rough plan of what I will be serving for dinner next week, Monday-Sunday.  I'm not totally sure what day each one will be on, but here is what I have:

Burritos
Crockpot Rice and Beans with cornbread and salad
Pasta with salad and bread
Burgers and baked beans
Shepherd's pie and salad
Salmon, potatoes, veggie, and salad
Chicken a la king with rice, biscuits

With that menu, the only items that I will have to buy is some ground beef and a pack of tortillas, and probably some more lettuce and tomatoes for salads.  Everything else, I already have in the house!

May the Lord bless your day!

1 comment:

  1. nice post thanks for sharing...looking for to visit more...blessings

    ReplyDelete