"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Healthy Food for Husbands

Our husbands work hard, and it is important that they have a healthy diet.  In our house, we often say that our diet is our health insurance!  Now I'll admit, I tend to get so busy attending to my family's diet, that I'm not always so good about feeding myself.  I need to get better about that.

Every morning, we have what I refer to as "morning rush hour".  This time consists of me cooking breakfast and packing my husband's lunch.  Maybe that doesn't sound like much, but the way I make his lunch requires a lot of time.  HEALTHY is the key word here.  Every morning for my hubby, I get out: 1 cup blueberries, 1 banana, 3 oranges, 2 apples, 3 carrots, 3 stalks of celery, and 1/2 cup of oats.  The blueberries, oranges, and banana are made into a smoothie, with yogurt, protein powder, and flax oil added.  The carrots, celery, and 1 apple are pushed through the juicer to make fresh juice.  The oats are turned into oatmeal, and then 2 T. of flax meal are added to that.  The second apple is put in the lunch box to eat as....well, an apple.  Also added to his lunch are a sandwich and peanut butter bars. His sandwich is usually made out of salmon (mixed with mayo like tuna) on whole wheat bread (often homemade).  I get all of that ready, which is his breakfast and lunch, and then also cook breakfast for the kids.  Theirs isn't quite that healthy, simply because they won't eat all of that--I wish they would!  They generally have pancakes or waffles, some kind of egg, bacon or sausage, etc.  I really need to get better about getting more fruits and veggies into those kids!

Soooo...that's really it...time for blogging is scarce lately. Remember that nutrition is important, and our husbands need us to take care of them in that way.  What are you doing to help keep your man healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment