"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Menu Plan Sunday

How I plan dinners:  Weekends are basically always the same, so that kills 2 days right away.  Saturdays are traditionally burger nights, and on Sundays I do a nice "Sunday dinner" roast or something similar (usually beef, as we usually have our chest freezer full of a side or 1/2 side of beef).  There are exceptions, like if we have activities going on, but that is the basic schedule.  Tuesdays are always some sort of crock pot meal, because I'm out the house most of the day, at least at this time in my life.  Then that leaves just 4 days, within which I rotate all my other dinners.  I often come up with ideas for the following week; I scribble those down on the back of the menu so I don't forget!  So really, it's pretty simple...which makes me wonder why it sometimes takes me soooo long to figure out my menu!

This week, Monday and Tuesday start off with me using up leftovers from last week.  I'm using leftover pot roast to make bbq beef sandwiches, and a leftover meaty hambone to make split pea soup.  Also, dinners are quite strange lately, because my 15 year old is out so much in the evenings lately, due to driver's ed (mostly)/youth group/boys scouts.  Often my hubby is out with him also, and so they don't eat at home.  So my dinners have been more simple.  Driver's ed is only another month though!

This week's dinner menu:

Sunday- Crock Pot Beef Brisket, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans
Monday- BBQ Beef sandwiches, baked potatoes, carrots
Tuesday- Split Pea Soup, bread, salad
Wednesday- Spaghetti, bread
Thursday- Pork Tenderloin w/roasted potatoes, peas, apple crisp (if time!)
Friday- Vegetable beef soup, cornbread
Saturday- Burgers, fries, milkshakes

"She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar.  She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household..." Proverbs 31:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment