"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Menu Plan Sunday

I'm going to start posting my dinner menu plan each Sunday, Lord willing.  This week I planned somewhat simple meals, as I have been not feeling well lately and thought that would be a good idea.  Here is what I have:

Sunday- Salmon, baked potatoes, green beans
Monday- Pot roast ,roasted potatoes and carrots, bread
Tuesday- Ham cooked in the crockpot, potato salad, peas
Wednesday- Spaghetti, salad, bread
Thursday- Vegetable beef soup (homemade), cornbread
Friday- Pan fried fish, tater tots, corn
Saturday- Cheeseburgers, fries, milkshakes (we make all of these homemade...a family favorite!)

I'm planning to make a couple of gluten free dessert recipes that I found off the Betty Crocker Website: Peppermint Patty Brownies and Monster Cookies.  They look soooo good!

Tuesday is our busy day when we are out of the house.  I need to pick up some groceries; Annamarie has horseback riding from 1:30-3:00 and Abigail has gymnastics from 3:45-5:00.  Plus of course there is school to get done!  By the time we get home, it is just too late to start on dinner, plus typically the baby is needy at that time.  So, my plan is to put a ham in the crockpot in the morning, and pick up potato salad while I am out.  Then all I will have to do when I get home is throw some frozen peas on to heat.

Life is busy, isn't it?  So much to do...husband, children, homeschooling, lesson plans, housework, babies, cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands...it can be so hard to juggle it all.  Some days I feel like I've really got it together, and other days it seems like it is all falling apart.  That is life.  The truth is that I don't ever have it all together; it is Jesus in me that accomplishes anything.  Jesus is there in it all; I just have to ask for Him to carry me.  Just like the old Footprints poem.

"Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.  I am the vine, you are the branches.  He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without me you can do nothing."  John 15:4-5 

Here is a verse the Lord has been giving to me a LOT lately:

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30

Ahhhh...don't you just feel like you could sit at Jesus' feet all day and listen to him?  That verse makes me feel that way.  I am so very thankful for my Jesus!  Give him your weariness and your burdens...He will take them and give you peace.


Be blessed in the Lord today!

No comments:

Post a Comment