"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Eve Menu

Well, I was planning to be superwoman....I really, really wanted to be....but alas, there is this thing called reality.  I am making homemade gifts.  I'm baking up many treats.  I'm making two big dinners, one Christmas Eve and one Christmas day, complete with hors d'oeuvres and dessert and drinks.  I wanted to make every single dish myself, and I have some great ideas!  But I finally realized that I was going to totally stress myself out doing that, and so I accepted help from my mom and sister on Christmas Eve.  Christmas day is all me. That being said, here is my Christmas Eve plan:

Hors d'oeuvres:

Crackers
cranberry chutney over cream cheese
smoked salmon
cheese
spinach & artichoke dip
roasted red pepper tapenade
tortilla chips
seven layer dip
olives

Drinks:

Punch
Hot apple cider
Cranberry juice

Dinner:

Honey Glazed Ham
Twice baked potatoes
Yams (mom bringing)
Broccoli salad (mom)--Christmas Eve tradition--soooo yummy
Green Bean Casserole (Pioneer Woman's version)
Jell-O Salad (sister bringing)
Rolls

Dessert:

Mom's Pumpkin Spice Cake
Fudge tray

Christmas Day Menu will be posted tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment