"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cleansing and Caring

I have to write this up very quickly, so this will be short, but I wanted to share what is going on around here.  I had some hard days and nights of Adam being fussy and not sleeping, which I finally realized was due to my high coffee intake.  So I've cut back on coffee with only one cup in the morning.  Last night I had a really bad headache but it was better this morning. Ted started a 21 day cleansing/detox program this morning, so I will be spending a lot of time taking care of him and preparing special food.  He is already not feeling well.  Adam is getting his first round of shots this afternoon so he will be in need of some extra nurturing.  And, after all the planning that I have put into this fall's homeschool, we are pretty much dumping most of it and starting from scratch with a whole new program.  I am really excited about it, but it's a bit disconcerting to have done all that planning and start all over.  But, God knows.  I'm thankful that in the midst of all the caring for others that I am doing, the Good Shepherd is caring for me.  I don't have time to look up the exact verse, but somewhere in Isaiah it says that He gently leads those with young.  Praise the Lord for the extra grace that He gives us mommies/wives as we care for our families.  I almost forgot to eat breakfast this morning, and I'm a nursing mommy!  So, in a nutshell those are the current happenings around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment