"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, July 23, 2010

My Crazy Life

I'm going to try my hardest to type this, with all of the demands around here and a keyboard that has a lot of problems!  Yesterday was quite the adventure.  To start off, I have a lot of extra food prep time on my hands with Ted's detox diet that he's doing.  I was taking the girls to see the free movie, Flipper, at noon. I needed to make sure I had food ready for Ted before I left, or the poor guy wouldn't know what to eat.  I love that man, and I enjoy taking care of him.  So, after prepping a lovely lunch of a big salad, homemade dressing, steamed broccoli, fresh carrot-celery-apple juice, an apple, a banana, and some cherries, we were frantically preparing to run out the door with a fussy baby.  Annamarie ran up the stairs to pack a diaper bag for me, and on her way back down with the bag, she slammed her baby toe into the leg of the baby swing.  I was in such a rush and didn't think too much of it, as my kids hurt their toes all the time!  I just gave her the standard mom answer, "I'm sorry you hurt yourself; please be careful".  But as we scurried off to the store to get treats and then to the movie theater, she kept complaining that it hurt really bad and she was worried it was broken.  So after the movie I took her out to urgent care in Issaquah, since my primary care said that they don't have x-ray capabilities and to take her there.  The wait wasn't too long, but once we got there we were told that their x-ray machine was broken, and we were sent to another office.  UGH.  The baby is getting hungry, and as we get in the car Abby decides to be "nice" and she slaps her sticker on the car next to us.  Great.  After dealing with that, we zip over to the other office, where we wait a long time (after being told that we'd be taken in and out QUICKLY). I somehow feed the baby in the waiting room, and take Abby to the bathroom, and get Annamarie into the x-ray room.  Her toe is x-rayed, we leave, I change a messy diaper,  and we slowly make our way home in horrible traffic with a crying baby.  Upon arriving home, I receive a call from the doctor.  Annamarie's toe is NOT broken, but she has a contusion (not sure if that's spelled correctly)...which means the bone is bruised, and the toe is sprained.  We are given a 2-4 week recovery time.  Then I must quickly return my mom's car that I borrowed...but before I can do that, I have to throw together some papers so I can get them over to her house, so they can be faxed for me.  It's really important that I get that done.  We hadn't eaten lunch, things are messy, Adam won't stop fussing, Ted is hungry....aaaaarrrgghhh.  Crazy crazy crazy.  Somehow it all gets done. And Annamarie is supposed to be resting so I didn't want to ask for her help.  So that was my yesterday, and I'm glad it's done. Today I am having Annamarie rest her foot, and she is being grumpy.

Also in the grumpy camp is my wonderful hubby, on day 4 of his detox diet.  I am proud of him.  I've told him he is allowed to be grumpy all he wants.  We expected that he would feel horrible for a time, but the end result should be that he will feel great!  And he's really not being THAT bad anyway.  I love taking care of him and really enjoy doing it.  His naturopath is having him do the program by Standard Process.  It's basically a lot of whole food and fiber supplements, shakes with a whole food supplement, and lots of vegetables and fruits.  On day 11 he gets to add lentils and rice--woohoo!  Cooking for these few weeks is not typical but really it's kind of fun.  I'm enjoying the challenge.

I'm really feeling stretched in many directions, but over and over I remember how much I've been cared for by my husband and kids.  Pregnancy, morning sickness, bedrest, childbirth, recovery...they have all been there for me, and my husband always stands by my side and takes care of me when I am having a tough time.  I can do the same for him.  I am SO feeling God's grace upon me every day, and for that I am very thankful!

1 comment:

  1. You weren't kidding about the craziness. I'm glad you are able to enjoy the service but in the middle of it being so crazy I know it can be rough. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete