"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Homeschooling High School

Today, I made my son's high school transcript...well, the 9th grade portion at least, with the rest waiting to be filled in.  Yay, me!!  I'm not sure why I ever thought that homeschooling high school was scary.  There are so many resources out there now to help us moms.   It is not as scary as it seemed initally, and I'm really glad that I listened to the Lord and just took a leap of faith and did it.  Andrew is going to be more than okay; in fact, he will be able to graduate a year early!

For homeschooling high school, I highly recommend the book "Homeschooling the Teen Years" by Cafi Cohen. There is a link to Christianbook on the right side of this blog; the book is available there, as well as at Amazon, and ....at the library!!!  Hooray...that's my favorite source of books.  Can't beat the price!  I also recommend Donna Young's website (link also on this page).  She has done a wonderful thing for us homeschoolers and made many, many planning forms available to us free.  You can plan your whole household and homeschool by just using her website.  She also has a whole section just on High School, and that is where I got a template for the transcript.  Check it out!

For math, I am excited to use the curriculum Teaching Textbooks.  From what I've seen and heard, I think it must be one of the best math programs available.  I'll be getting Algebra 1 for Andrew, and Math 6 for Annamarie.  It starts at 3rd grade so Abby will have to wait one more year to use it.  Check out their website: http://www.teachingtextbooks.com/  I never had the option to use it before, but I am now in a wonderful program that pays for all our curriculum, so now I can use whatever I want!

I want to share more on curriculum but must be finished for the night.  I'll be sure and blog more about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment