"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, September 27, 2010

Making our Homes Havens

I "stole" this from the http://www.raisinghomemakers.com/ site, but I had to repost it:

Sitting around the dinner table, I listened as my husband offered a prayer of thanksgiving before we ate……”Lord, thank you for this place of comfort we can come home to……..” Have you ever thought, ladies, about what the men in your family face everyday? The workplace can be a hard place, and many times for our guys, lots of physical, hard labor. I guess at times, it’s easy for us to forget what their days are like when they leave our homes. So that prayer reminded me once again of what “home” means to my husband and sons. It should be a place of rest, comfort, beauty, and filled with pleasant words. A place of good, nourishing food and thought for spiritual food. At times, I have put myself in their “shoes” and thought about working on a hot roof all day(my husband is a carpenter) and then coming home to a dark, empty house with a can of soup on the counter. How much better to walk into a home with life, hot food on the table, clean clothes after a nice, long bath. A daughter who gives dad a neck rub is much appreciated:) I’m glad I get to provide a place of rest, creating a home environment that welcomes a weary worker at the end of the day. It’s easy, ladies, to get focused on our own struggles and hardships at home. It’s good for us to look through the lens of our husband’s labor and appreciate what he does day in, day out to provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment