"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Candyland Cake

It's that time of year again...the time when Christmas is behind us, and the birthday madness begins!  My kids' birthdays fall all in a row: one in March, one in April, one in May, one in June.  (Hopefully the next child will land in January or July so I can keep up the pattern!)  First one up is my oldest daughter, Annamarie, who will be turning 13 in March.  Wait--did I just say 13?!?!?  Gosh where does time go?  Yikes.  Totally don't know how that happened!

Annamarie is busily planning her birthday already, and of course she is super excited.  This time, she says, she wants me to recreate the Candyland cake that I made for her 10th birthday.  However this time around, of course, it has to be gluten free. (She and I are gluten intolerant...visit my other blog for more info.)  I am a busy woman with a 9 month old boy who is into everything, so it sounds a bit exhausting, but I'm up for the challenge (I guess).  I'll let you know how it goes, along with the slumber party that is also being cooked up in my soon-to-be-teenager's brain. ;) (Ok, alright...I actually suggested the idea!)

Here is a picture of the last Candyland cake that I made.  What do you think?  Can I do it again, AND gluten free??? Stay tuned...

Isn't it beautiful???  :)

Meanwhile, our minor remodel on our kitchen is progressing sloooowly...and God is teaching me patience.  That's always a good thing, in the long run.

I was short on sleep last night, and so must get to bed early.  God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment