"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Creamy Herbed Pork Chops

Good evening, all you busy moms!  If you'd like an easy to prepare meal that tastes like you've been slaving over the stove all day, I've got one for you.  I prepared this for tonight's dinner, with a grumpy baby in the house.  As usual, I wanted to take a picture, but I just couldn't.  Dinner preparation time is busy, and the baby kept crying, so it came down to either taking a picture or comforting the baby. I need to keep my priorities straight!  So here you go:

Creamy Herbed Pork Chops: 

Melt 2 T. butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add 6 pork chops (mine were boneless but I don't think it matters), about 1/2" thick.  Sprinkle with salt and Mrs. Dash (or pepper), and cook for 5 minutes on each side.  Remove from skillet and keep warm.

To the drippings in the skillet, add:  2 tsp flour, 1/2 T. parsley, 1/2 tsp. basil, 1/2 tsp. beef boullion, 1/2 tsp. fresh pepper, and 2/3 cup cream.  Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly (this only took a minute or two), then stir in 2 T. white wine.  Return pork chops to pan, spoon sauce over the tops of chops, and heat through.

That's it!  SO yummy!  I baked potatoes and warmed up some frozen sweet corn to serve with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment