"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, January 3, 2011

Step by Step

God you are my God
And I will ever praise you
God you are my God
And I will ever praise you

I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
Step by step You lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

We sang this song in church on Sunday, and the words really spoke to me.  Such important words for us women, the ones who set the tone in our houses (whether we like it or not!)...us wives, mothers, homeschoolers.

I will seek You in the morning.  First thing in our day, we need to meet with our savior.  And then....we will learn to walk in His ways, and step by step He will lead us.  Otherwise...what happens?  We flounder, we go the way of our flesh, we become unfocused, impatient, angry...etc etc.  That's what happens if we try to go at it alone.  We need Jesus to lead us, step by step.

I don't know about you, but I couldn't do homeschooling without Jesus' constant leading!  I need him holding my hand, guiding me, continually showing me the next step.  Otherwise, I would become overwhelmed, decide it was just too hard, and curl up in a ball and hide!  But I am not supposed to be able to do it in my own strength.  God allows us to be weak so that His power will be strong within us.  Praise the Lord!

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." "2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment