"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, August 23, 2010

And Yet More Organizing...

Organizing, organizing, organizing...such is my life lately, but I know I'm going to be glad that I did it.  Today I am going through papers and pictures that the kids made, picking out the best ones, and putting them into a binder with their name on it.  Inside the binder the papers are sorted by age.  I think it's a good system, and I just wish that I had figured out this method when Andrew and Annamarie were little, because with them I saved everything!  After Abby was born and things got busier, I started putting their papers into drawers and such to be organized later, and then could never find the time to actually organize them.  Apparently now is the time...the time to get a system down before Adam starts drawing and doing schoolwork!  I was also able to get the baby books updated this summer, and actually complete and be totally done with the older kids' books (yes my oldest is 15 so really that is a bit pathetic!).  Today is also going to consist of reorganizing the school shelf.  I promise I will have pictures up of my home management binder soon...when I have the time to do the pics and all...I am typing a couple of sentences at a time on here, taking care of baby, and working around the house all at the same time!

Here is my dinner menu for this week.  I'm finding that breakfast and lunch are basically the same things each week, with them moved around to different days.  I keep my dinner menus from each week in my binder as a reference, so if I get stuck as to what to make, I can look at them for ideas.

Sunday- Taco night
Monday- Crockpot pot roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, glazed carrots, rolls
Tuesday- Roasted chicken w/cornbread stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, coleslaw
Wednesday- Penne pasta w/marinara sauce, tossed salad, bread
Thursday-Chicken a la King, brown rice, spinach salad, biscuits
Friday-Cheeseburgers, tater tots, milkshakes

Treats this week are: Peanut butter cup brownies and some kind of pie.

1 comment:

  1. You are SO stinking organized. It's amazing! I should keep track of the menu that way too. It would make things so much easier! One step at a time though right?

    ReplyDelete