"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Beautiful Feet History

I got my shipment of Beautiful Feet History today, and I must tell you that I am SO impressed with it!  I am all about good books, and about making history interesting and fun.  Remember high school history?  How incredibly boooooorrrring it was?  How slooooowly the hand on the clock moved?  UGH. Ick.  That is NOT how I want history to be for my kids.  History is a story.  HIS story.  HIStory.  Beautiful Feet is basically a pile of books with a guide.  The books look great....and interesting.  The high school program looks so good that I'm seriously considering reading the books myself.  As you just may be able to tell, I am excited!  Check it out... http://www.bfbooks.com/

Other similar literature-based programs are Sonlight and Truthquest.  I love them both.  I did Sonlight one year, but it is just way too expensive.  I've done a lot of Truthquest, but it doesn't have lesson plans laid out so it takes a HUGE amount of planning time, and now that I have a baby I just don't have time for that.  So Beautiful Feet was just right!  Just enough guidance...daily lesson plans....and lots of reading good books.  History as it should be.

Update:  I actually hardly used this program after all.  I ended up going back to Truthquest and I don't think I'll ever change back!

No comments:

Post a Comment