"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Praising God in the Midst of Loss

We are not to just praise God when things are good.  We praise Him in the storms.  We praise Him during loss.  We are to consider our trials all joy, praise God when we grieve, thank Him when we lose something/someone, and have faith to trust Him that no matter what, He knows what He's doing.  We will never be able to understand, on this side of Heaven, why God does everything that He does.  If we were able to understand the ways of God, then He wouldn't be big enough to be worth worshiping, would He?

I did end up miscarrying after all.  I could tell my hormone levels dropped over the weekend, because I started feeling less icky and pregnant, and then later Saturday I started spotting.  On Tuesday it turned into bleeding, and has been going strong since.  I'm doing okay, I really am.  I am focusing on the blessings that God has given me, rather than on losses.  Losses will happen in life--they always do.  May we all have enough faith in this life to be able to say as Job did:

 "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21

"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." Job 13:15

Blessings to all of you, and thank you for following my story and praying for me!

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, April. You are right, we just can't understand some things this side of heaven. I pray that God will give your peace in the midst of this storm.

    Many Blessings,
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so sorry April. i know the feeling of loss and bewilderment and all - i hope you can feel my arms hugging you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss, my friend!

    ReplyDelete